Looking to Buy Cannabis, Hemp, or CBD Insurance?
For 10 years, Greenpoint Insurance Advisors, LLC has helped hundreds of cannabis licensees or CBD companies find the right type of business insurance protection to purchase.
We understand the insurance coverages, gaps in insurance protection, and unique circumstances that can lead to insurance claims and lawsuits. Please download our product brochure.
Latest Update on CBD and Hemp Insurance
- Specific insurance programs to cover hemp and cbd. You don’t want to be insured by a carrier not approved for this class of business. Please download our CBD and Hemp Product Newsletter.
- Selling on the internet? Insurance companies have not discriminated against this method of distribution!
- Worldwide insurance coverage territory means you may have claims covered outside of the United States.
- Need to cover your vendors selling your CBD manufactured products? No problem!
Brief History of our Agency Serving the Cannabis and Hemp Industry
- Founded in 2009 exclusively for the cannabis industry
- Founding Members of the National Cannabis Industry Association.
- Nationally recognized speakers including the NCIA, Continuing Legal Education, American Bar Association, and University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Licensed in numerous states
Cannabis stores may not realize most carriers are saying no coverage for vape pen batteriersThe latest insurance trend in the cannabis industry has to do with cannabis stores requiring their manufacturers to include them as additional insureds for product liability. ...
Limited Number of Cannabis Insurance CompaniesIf you're wondering if there's a lot of insurance companies serving the cannabis industry this graph may help give you a different perspective. The number of insurance carriers providing the primary coverages such as...
Questionable Questions Asked by Insurance CarriersApplying for business Insurance through the use of applications produced by the insurance company is a normal business practice regardless of the industry. What isn't normal and seemingly unique with the insurance...
Go Fund Me Page Started to Pay for Legal Expense One of the oldest lawsuits against a cannabis licensee facing Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization Act ("RICO") has finally gone to trial this week in Denver. The lawsuit between SAFE STREETS ALLIANCE,...
Message to Cannabis Insurance Carriers: "That is racketeering activity under 18 U.S.C. § 1961(1)(D)." A lawsuit filed in Massachusetts on September 7, 2017 demonstrates just how far attorneys will go to seek recovery for damages from other businesses when...
Recent Cannabis Insurance Transactions:
- 420 cannabis event organizer insurance covering musical and attendance risk exposure.
- General liability and building coverage to comply with local licensing requirements.
- Directors & Officers insurance for infused products manufacturer.
- General liability for outdoor cannabis operations.
- Cannabis bond to meet licensing requirements.
- Filed insurance claim seeking coverage for damage to company vehicle.
- Workers compensation insurance for a Colorado retail store and grower