Who We Are and What Makes Us Unique:
Since 2009, Colorado based Greenpoint Insurance Advisors, LLC (“Greenpoint”) has insured hundreds of cannabis, hemp, and cbd companies that operate within regulated markets. From small to large and complicated operations and structure, Greenpoint is effective with understanding insurance and risk.
Started by President and Owner J.B. Woods after he was approached by a cultivator seeking insurance for the commercial space leased under contract. Woods discovered this client was not alone as other cannabis companies were likely having difficulty obtaining legitimate commercial insurance for an industry just beginning in Colorado. Consequently, a business was born
Transparency and Professionalism in the Cannabis Insurance Industry
Since our first client, the mission has been to treat the cannabis industry with integrity and professionalism. We help cannabis companies not only understand commercial insurance, but how to manage certain types of risk through analysis and control.
Thank you message from Owner, J. B. Woods
Current list of active insurance licenses:
- New Mexico
National Cannabis Industry
Association Industry Expert
Greenpoint Insurance Advisors, LLC is proud to be have been selected and recognized for our expertise.
- American Bar Association 25th Annual Insurance Coverage Litigation Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section: Broad overview of the cannabis insurance industry and challenges for lawyers who are providing professional advice.
- Denver Sturm College of Law: Advanced discussion on cannabis specific lawsuits such as Green Earth Wellness vs Atain Specialty Insurance with analysis of the insurance policy and issues during and after contract formation.
- Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington
- American Bankers Association: Problems for banks accepting deposits from the cannabis industry and how to mitigate those risks internally and externally.
- The Hanover Group Inc: The unique risks for underwriters in understanding the implications of insuring professionals who may be serving the cannabis industry.
- National Cannabis Industry Association: Developed and organized all day seminar on starting and operating a successful cannabis company. Insurance and risk implications for those contemplating the cannabis industry.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters: Cannabis Insurance markets and enforcement of legal contracts between cannabis licensees.
- 2017 Top Specialist Broker by Insurance Business Magazine
- 2015 Recipient of Insurance Business America Hot 100
- New York Times
- The Denver Post
- Smart Money Magazine
- Insurance Business Magazine
- Risk Management
- Denver Business Journal
- Cannabis Dispensary Magazine
- CTV News
- Westword Magazine
- Cannabis Business Times
- The Pennsylvania Department of Banking & Securities: White paper analysis of insurance and risk factors facing banks who conduct business with the cannabis and hemp industries and impact on insurance and risk.
- Judicial Proceedings: Engaged as expert witness for a matter involving contractual litigation.
- Damages Awarded on Behalf of a Client: successfully negotiated a third party liability claim on behalf of a client that resulted in a five figure settlement with a major insurance company.